Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 4 lbs Pork Roast
- 2 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 Cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Tomato Sauce (8oz)
- 1/2 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 3/4 Cup bottled barbecue sauce, optional
- Salad greens, black beans and red onion slices
Brush the pork roast with the mustard, then rub with brown sugar. In slow cooker, whisk tomato sauce with the vinegar, liquid smoke, garlic powder, salt and cayenne. Add pork roast and cook on HIGH for 6 hr or LOW for 9 hr.
Remove pork to a cutting board. If roast is tied, remove and discard twine. Shred meat with 2 forks, discarding fat, and toss pork with 1 cup defatted cooking liquid. If you want it BBQ-y, stir in 3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce. Serve over salad greens with black beans and red onion slices.
3 Other Ways to Serve Pulled Pork
- 1 of 3 Burrito Bowl: Spoon Pulled Pork over rice and offer customize-your-own toppings: avocado, cheese, scallions, hot sauce.
- 2 of 3 BBQ Pork Pizza: Spread bottled barbecue sauce on a pizza crust. Scatter Pulled Pork over sauce and add pickled jalapeno slices and shredded cheddar. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 min.
- 3 of 3 Pork Sammies: Spoon Pulled Pork onto slider rolls and top with coleslaw and/or sweet pickle slices.