Greek Cherry Tomatoes
Looking for a different recipe to bring to your summer BBQ? Check out these greek inspired cherry tomatoes!
- 15 large heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced roasted garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Slice tomatoes in half and scoop out seeds. Turn upside down onto paper towels and drain 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss feta, parsley and lemon zest. Drain and rinse cannellini beans. Add to food processor along with olive oil and lemon juice, garlic, salt and black pepper. Puree until smooth. Divide 3/4 cup bean spread among tomatoes (you'll have some left over); sprinkle feta mixture on top. Keep refrigerated. Tip: If you want to skip the bean spread, swap in pre-made hummus. Store: Tomatoes will keep up to 2 days filled or 4 days unfilled.
Nutrition Information for Greek Cherry Tomatoes
Servings Per Recipe: 30
Per Serving: 1 g Fat, total, 0 g sat. fat, 3 g carb., 1 g fiber, 25 kcal cal., 70 mg sodium, 0 g sugar, 1 g pro.