Chunky Rainbow Salsa
Fun fact: Did you know that botanically speaking, tomatoes, mango, avocado, and bell peppers are actually fruits since they all have seeds?
We always hear the phrase “eat the rainbow,” but working in lots of colorful fruits and veggies into your daily eating plan can be a challenge.
But you’ll be eating a literal rainbow of fruits and vegetables when you make this vibrantly colored Chunky Rainbow Salsa with a host of colorful fruits and a lone vegetable, the onion.
Want to make it spicy? Add finely chopped jalapeño or habanero or sprinkle with cayenne powder.
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green (or red or yellow) bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium mango, peeled, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 medium avocado, ]cut into ¾-inch cubes
Combine tomato, bell pepper, mango, onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl; mix well. Gently fold in avocado.