Chicken and Black Bean Burrito Bowl
This Chicken and Black Bean Burrito Bowl is the perfect example: The fresh flavors and wholesome ingredients make an ideal (and easy!) lunch or an excellent dish to meal prep.
Make your own healthy Mexican-inspired chicken burrito bowl with cilantro-lime rice and all the trimmings. This recipe uses black beans, but you can substitute pinto beans if you prefer.
With black beans, fresh salsa, a squeeze of lime, and creamy Greek yogurt on top of crisp romaine lettuce this Chicken Burrito Bowl is an excellent lunch.
- 2 Cups cooked brown rice, warm
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 Cup black beans, warm
- 2 1/4 Cups shredded cooked chicken breast, warm
- 1/2 Cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 Cup fresh tomato salsa
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/2 Cup reduced-fat (2%) plain yogurt
Combine rice, lime juice, and cilantro in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside
Evenly divide lettuce between four serving bowls.
Top evenly with rice mixture, beans, chicken, cheese, salsa, and avocado. Top each bowl with 2 Tbsp. of yogurt; serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Cholesterol: 83 mg
Fiber: 8 g
Total Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 489 mg
Sugars: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 39 g
Protein: 38 g
2B Mindset Plate It!
A great lunch. Replace brown rice and beans with veggies for dinner