Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos
Nachos make me weak in the knees. The thought of melty cheese, zesty salsa, and creamy guacamole — frankly, it doesn’t get much better than that.
This Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos recipe is a great way to indulge in your nacho cravings, without heaps of unnecessary salt and fat.
Cauliflower, a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate, is one of those magical vegetables that redefines how we think about “junk food.”
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack or pepperjack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 medium jalapeño seeds and veins removed (optional), sliced (can add a second if desired)
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 425º F. Place cauliflower on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with cumin, salt, chili powder, and garlic powder; toss gently to blend. Spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender-crisp and golden.
Top evenly with cheese. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Top evenly with tomato, onion, bell pepper, jalapeños, avocado, and cilantro; serve immediately.